Skip to main content

Phase I Evaluation

I passed. At first the tasks seemed too daunting and intimidating to complete. When I framed the proposal, I didn't know how tough (or easy) it'll be to implement because didn't have any experience in Nuklear Library (the GUI library). But when I actually started learning Nuklear Library, I realised, maybe I over-claimed somethings for Phase I evaluation. But got past every Hurdle and I passed.

I implemented fully working Basic mode of the CCExtractor GUI and partially working Advanced Mode of CCExtractor GUI. Partial in the sense that, there are many setting and tweaking options in CCExtractor, all of them aren't available, yet. But basic Input and Output tweak settings are available.

This is how it looks so far:

->Main Screen, as soon as the GUI is launched.



->When "Advanced Mode" is checked. The upper row is populated with Tabs corresponding to specific genre of settings.


-> Input tab has the basic input options. (Advanced options would be in 'Advanced Input' Tab)


-> 'Output' Tab contains all the Output options related to CCExtractor.


-> 'File browser' wasn't proposed in the proposal. But without a file picker, the UX would seem incomplete. While designing a UI, the designer has to also take care of the UX otherwise people won't use it.


There are many bugs, which will soon be corrected and many improvements to do like good resolution icons would be used instead of the current ones (as seen in the above image).

Currently, the file browser is only Linux Specific. Though POSIX libraries are used but, since all the CCExtractor related development in Windows is done in Visual Studio, We're bound to use MSVC instead of Cross-Compilers. So, maybe I'll have to rewrite file browser on MSVC or just think of another workaround to make it work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final: GSoC complete!

Pheww! Finally the "Final Evaluation". Everything went as planned. All the things were done according to proposal. Even my mentor was happy with my performance and wrote " The main thing that I should say is that is the student did the job well. Everything that was planned in the proposal is done. I can say that it was a good experience, because my student tried to do his job as best as possible. Mayank Gupta has an excellent communication with our organization and me, worked actively along the summer, and showed good performance.  The work included creating a multi-platform application, working with threads, and thorough testing - all these components have been implemented good. As the side effect, Mayank even found bugs in the popular GUI library. So, it was absolutely a good summer of coding." It was a great summer of coding. You can find my final gist on project here .

Phase II: Almost Done

I'm too late (almost a month) to post for Phase II Evaluations. College have started and so have the placements but Google Summer of Code is still on. However big problem it may seem. I find it extraordinarily stimulating, adventurous. As per Project Proposal, I promised to deliver fully functional GUI for CCExtractor for UNIX systems. Which does everything as intended but doesn't last run state. Which means, if any setting/value/variable is changed. It would reset on next start. Here are screenshot of the project submitted in Phase II.